Monday, May 20, 2013

Long tail of winter

It's april and still temperatures won't exceed the 10 degrees Celcius. Some people just don't care and crowl below their ships, wearing gloves and thick coats (jou need antifouling paint protection anyway). Not for me, I need 13 degrees at a minimum. ;) 

winter traffic jam!



Seems that the longer the winter lasts, the more I desire to go sailing. Can't help it, but I feed this desire by reading sailing magazines and boatshop catalogues...all those shiny boats sailing in the sun, run by happy crews in shorts and t-shirts. those lucky people. And all that equipment I could add to my whishlist! Every day new plans for modifications are initiated in my head. I think I'm obsessed and can't stop thinking about anything else any more!

Still cold, but nevertheless It visited the boat somewhere in februari. Checking what will be on my list of repairs this year, and guess what....it will be a looong list. So all those  wonderful modifications will have to be put in the fridge for now. Hmm.

Luckely, at last the critical temparature has been exceeded! Yes. We can unpack the goodies!


Time for unpacking the Kelt
These are the points we should take care of:

- Rudder paint is in bad state
- Rudder is not tight fixed, wood has broken
- Propellor has been eaten at some places!
- The doors need to be replaced
- The antislip on deck has damages
- The lines are very,very green
- The Saildrive manchet should be checked
- The gelcoat needs polishing
- The swimladder needs a repaint

And that is only the beginning!





No comments:

Post a Comment